Diamond Friendship Bracelet- 20% Project, Week 2

This week, for my 20% project, I finished a multicolor diamond friendship bracelet. This bracelet was made up of five colors: blue, purple, red, turquoise, and white. It took longer to make than the chevron bracelet from last week since it was more complicated. 

I had a few struggles this week including messing up the order of the colors and getting confused while finishing the last knot of the color before moving on to the next color. When knotting the last two knots of the color, I didn’t know whether I was supposed to tie two forward knots, two backward knots, or one of each. I realized that the book I used, Charm Love: Friendship Bracelets, and the YouTube tutorial I was watching were demonstrating two different ways to create the diamond friendship bracelet, which led to more complications. Because of the complexity of following two different methods, I had to undo several knots before continuing on the right path. 

After several trials and errors, I learned that it was most effective to use the book to figure out the appropriate color pattern. On the other hand, following the video made learning the right kind of knot to use easier. I also learned that preparing to go in the opposite direction meant making one forward knot and one backward knot when going left and vice versa for going right. 

With the completion of the diamond friendship bracelet and the experience gained from week two, my eight-week plan is right on track. For week three, I look forward to learning a brand new pattern and creating a heart friendship bracelet.

1 Comment on Diamond Friendship Bracelet- 20% Project, Week 2

1. haileycblogs
    April 24, 2023 at 10:57 pm (1 year ago)

That sounds so fun and challenging at the same time! You will have to teach me sometime 😉

Reply